Mara & de Parry, P.A.
Protecting you, your family
and your assets

Ormond Office: 386-672-8081

DeLand Office: 386-736-1223

Mara & de Parry, P.A.
Mara & de Parry, P.A.

Skilled Divorce Attorneys Serving Ormond Beach, DeLand, Daytona Beach, & Palm Coast

Trusted support with difficult family law matters in Volusia and Flagler Counties, Florida

Whether your divorce is uncontested or you are in for a fierce battle, we protect your interests and work toward your goals. We are cooperative with opposing counsel when it benefits you and determined fighters when we need to be. When you work with us at Mara & de Parry, P.A., you might be pleasantly surprised at how accessible we are when you need us. You will be kept up-to-date and fully informed of every option available to you.

What is a legal separation and how is it different from a divorce?

Although technically in Florida there is no legal separation, a couple who wants to live apart, but does not wish to divorce can file an action for "Support Unconnected with Dissolution of Marriage," or "Separate Maintenance," which would allow one spouse to move out of the family home and request alimony and/or child support without a formal divorce decree. Another option is for the couple to draw up a settlement agreement that outlines the terms of the separation that both agree to and sign.

Couples may want to live apart but not divorce because of health insurance concerns, Social Security and pension benefit waiting periods, or they may just want a trial separation.

Satisfying your divorce law needs with competence and care

Nearly every divorce will require a discussion about the division of assets and debt, and alimony if it is appropriate.  If a divorcing couple has minor children, working out the details of child custody and visitation has been one of the most contentious issues to resolve.

Couples who have a prenuptial agreement often find that the agreement helps reduce the amount of conflict about marital property, which can make that aspect of the settlement agreement that much simpler.

Our divorce attorneys shoulder the burden of handling all of the details of your divorce case. We fight for your fair share of property and assets and ensure you are not burdened with an unfair portion of marital debt.

Experienced help with military divorce

There are differences between a Florida military divorce and a civilian divorce. There are state and federal laws that protect active duty military personnel, especially those serving in war, from being served with divorce papers when they are unable to respond. There are also differences in the way military benefits are calculated and divided, and in how alimony and child support is ordered.

At Mara & de Parry, P.A., we have experience dealing with all of the intricacies of military divorces. We work toward what is best for you and your family with compassion and integrity.

Contact a skilled Daytona Beach divorce lawyer today to discuss your case

At the law offices of Mara & de Parry, P.A., we are compassionate divorce attorney who want what is best for you. We are here to help. Call us at our Ormond office at 386-672-8081, our DeLand office at 386-736-1223, or contact us online to arrange a confidential consultation. From our welcoming offices in Ormond Beach and DeLand with appointments in Palm Coast, we serve clients in Ormond Beach, DeLand, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, Volusia County, and Flagler County.

Contact us


Mara & de Parry, P.A.

Office 1

555 West Granada Blvd, Suite B5
Ormond Beach, FL 32174


Office 2

107 East Church Street
Deland, FL 32724


Office 3 (By Appointment Only)

389 Palm Coast Parkway SW, Ste 4
Palm Coast, Florida 32137

Pay online

Memberships & Recognition

Mara & de Parry has offices in Ormond Beach, DeLand, and in Palm Coast (by appointment only).

Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. [ Site Map ]

See our profile at or